By Anna Maria Vestal
Teaching community members about the Military lifestyle and empowering them to cope and support each other in times of stress is what Army Family Team Building is all about.
Now before dismissing the thought of attending any AFTB classes because you think they do not apply to you or because you have lived in a Military community for “forever” and know all there is to know, ask yourself these few simple questions:
- Do I know what resources are available to me at White Sands and the local community, where they are located and what services they provide?
- Do I know who to call in case of emergencies that are not covered by 911?
- Can I read a Leave and Earning Statement and do I know all my benefits and entitlements?
- Do I know the proper Military protocol for different social functions?
- Do I have an emergency kit in case of a disaster and do I know what the kit should include?
- Do I have a sound financial plan for the future?
If the answers to any of these questions is no, then consider attending the upcoming AFTB training. Scheduled for 4-6 March, 0800-1300, the AFTB Knowledge level will be taught free of charge in the Training Room of Army Community Service and will cover all the questions above and much more. The class is limited to 10 students and this class tends to fill up fast.
To find out more about this class or to register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.