Following Fort Bliss’ review of its enhanced security posture beginning Labor Day weekend, the installation will establish the following enduring security measures effective October 20, 2014.
These permanent measures maintain the commanding general’s number one priority of ensuring the safety and security to Fort Bliss and its employees, residents and visitors, while simultaneously providing the greater El Paso community the opportunity to enjoy and use our great amenities.
All vehicles and occupants entering Fort Bliss are subject to random searches and inspections – as has always been the standard – and all non-DoD persons can expect to obtain a visitor’s pass at certain gates. Travelers should plan their time accordingly as access times to Fort Bliss might be increased following these enduring security measure enhancements.
All gates will be open for 24-hour access unless noted below.
All-Access: All Department of Defense identification card holders and civilians possessing a valid state issued driver’s license or government/federal identification card may access Fort Bliss through the following gates:
- § Biggs Army Air Field Main gate (formerly known as Sergeant Major)
- § Buffalo Soldier gate
- § Cassidy gate
- § Chaffee gate
- § Fred Wilson gate
- § McGregor Front gate
- § Old Ironsides gate (formerly known as Global Reach)
- § Alabama gate: 5 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday – Friday only
- § Ross Elementary School Pedestrian Gate: 7 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., and
2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday only
- § Pershing gate: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday for outbound traffic only
Commercial traffic can only access Fort Bliss through Chaffee gate.
Limited Access: Only DoD ID card holders can enter Fort Bliss through the following gates; all non-DoD ID card holders will be directed to one of the above mentioned all-access gates:
- § IBCT-South gate
- § Sergeant Major North gate
- § Constitution gate: 5 a.m. – 9 a.m., Monday – Friday only
- § Jeb Stuart gate: 5 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday only
- § Sheridan gate: 5 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday – Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Zero Access: The following gates will remain closed to all DoD and civilian traffic:
- § Cemetery Pedestrian gate
- § IBCT-North gate
- § McGregor Rear gate